Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My ambition and hope for this blog...

Hello all! This is one of several blogs that I have started, and all of my prior attempts have fizzled out fairly quickly, mostly because I simply did not have the time to make the daily updates that I promised; my schedule was too unpredictable...

This one, however, will be different... I am telling you all now that I most definitely will NOT be posting every day.

Instead it will get done when I have time, and so I think this will help me stay motivated and connected.


So, enough of that.


I am creating this blog to try and get some sort of a screenplay (however informal) together for a possible adaptation of the novel Wicked: The Life and Times of The Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire. Many will know this popular book, and many will know it as the phenomenally successful musical screenplay simply known as Wicked.

I enjoyed the book throughly, having read it before hearing of the musical, and now that I know every word to every song of the Broadway production I love it even more.

I want there to be a movie, and I know that many people do as well, but many are very afraid of what may appear on screen, and I feel that this has hampered the effort. Fear of the movie ruining the book, as so many movies do, has kept fans at bay and stifled the calls for a motion picture version of the epic.


I want to know what people want to see in the movie. I know what I want to see, and I will be writing my portion according to that, but I want others to express and discuss their own opinions of what is important to the film and what should be done differently.

I know that blogs do not gain instant popularity by simply existing, and one must exist for some time before it can gain any kind of a following, let alone a readership or list of contributors, so I will be spending a great deal of time writing my version of the story and how I want to see it on screen.

This process will most likely take months, and with regular posts I should gain attention somewhere. Hopefully someone will see my page and feel strongly enough about something that I have written to comment.

This is not a business venture for me, simply a passion. I want to see this happen, and hopefully it will.


My first synopsis begins today, in my next post, with the characters.

2 comments:

Devon said...

I think it would be great to see it in a movie, but whatever you do you must stick to the storyline... to take out even little events would take away from the understandin of the development of Elphaba's character before she begins to lose sanity and her "soal" is demoralizing.

Unknown said...

I completely agree, I am a big fan of Wicked the book and musical, just, please keep in mind that the musical is way different than the book, so request a movie of the book. I am not in the mood for another Liir-free, charmed circle cut, un-madam- Morribley, and shockingly ignoring of Fiero's family production. I am sure many other people agree with me. I loved the musical but they left out the Vinkus.